Comments on the Coffeehouse Culture

Are you part of the coffee house culture? I confess I am. What Is The Coffeehouse Culture? The coffeehouse culture describes a friendly environment of associated common practices that depend upon coffee. Coffee is used as a social lubricant much as alcohol is in a bar or pub setting. Coffeehouse culture also relates to the… Continue reading Comments on the Coffeehouse Culture

My Coffeehouse Writing Habit

Where I Write I’m doing my morning writing at one of my favorite Starbucks. I like the location on Preston Road just north of Lorimar in Plano, Texas. I write here most mornings. The photo is of my writing-table. I usually sit at the same table each morning. From left to right in the picture,… Continue reading My Coffeehouse Writing Habit

How to Have a Friend

As I write this post, it’s a Tuesday morning. I’m writing at my favorite Starbucks. I love Tuesday’s as this coffeehouse has a little more traffic than usual this morning.   The reason for the increased customer traffic is a running club meets here on Tuesday and Friday. They’ve come here for over twenty-five years.… Continue reading How to Have a Friend

Neuroplasticity and Writing

One Word of Advice I remember watching the movie “The Graduate” when I was in high school. In the movie, Dustin Hoffman’s character was given one word of advice upon his college graduation. The word was “plastic.” I want to give my fellow writers one word of advice. No, it’s not the word plastic. The… Continue reading Neuroplasticity and Writing

My Writing Habit and The Coffee House

Where I Write I’m doing my morning writing at one of my favorite Starbucks. This one is next to the Barnes and Nobles on Preston Road just south of Park in Plano, Texas. I write here most mornings. The photo is of my writing-table. I usually sit at the same table each morning. From left… Continue reading My Writing Habit and The Coffee House

Tuesday Morning at Starbucks

Coming Here to Write Howdy yall. It is Tuesday morning, November 28, 2017. I’m sitting at my favorite table at the Starbucks at 2201 Preston Road in Plano, Texas. Located next to the Barnes and Nobles Bookstore, I’ve been coming here to write in the morning for years. I wake up every morning just before… Continue reading Tuesday Morning at Starbucks

The Coffeehouse Culture

Are you part of the coffee house culture? I confess I am. What Is The Coffeehouse Culture? The coffeehouse culture describes a friendly environment of associated common practices that depend upon coffee. Coffee is used as a social lubricant much as alcohol is in a bar or pub setting. Coffeehouse culture also relates to the… Continue reading The Coffeehouse Culture

Back to Writing

Back to Writing Today is Sunday, August 13, 2017. I am enjoying a Sunday morning tall iced coffee with vanilla and cream at my favorite coffee house as I resume morning writing after a four-day break due to a cardiac catheterization. Cardiac Catheterization Amazing how you can’t type or use a computer when they access… Continue reading Back to Writing

Estes Park, Colorado

Today’s coffee-house photos are of the Starbucks in Estes Park, Colorado. It has two entrances. One is off the main highway that goes through town. The other is off the Big Thompson River and the river walk. It is one of my favorite Starbucks location. I’ve had coffee there at least a dozen times. I… Continue reading Estes Park, Colorado

Black Eye Cap Hill, Denver, Colorado

Black Eye Cap Hill is one of my favorite shops in Denver and the USA. You take one part of just plain cool add inviting and then a seriousness about coffee, and you have the Black Eye Cap Hill. It is unique. The furnishings,¬†character, and atmosphere were enough to make me glad I was there.… Continue reading Black Eye Cap Hill, Denver, Colorado