Did you know there are two types of fatigue?
1. Physical fatigue – You know the symptoms: muscles hurt and joints ache. What is the cure? Rest.
2. Spiritual fatigue – The symptoms are: stress, worry, and guilt. What is the cure? Repentance.
Did you know fatigue can cost you …
1. to miss great opportunities
2. to bring out your worst attitude
3. to limit your performance
4. to lower your resistance to illness
Regular exercise, a proper diet, and enough sleep will help with physical fatigue.
For spiritual fatigue, here are five helpful principles found in the Bible.
Five Energizers that Work:
1. A Clear Conscience
1 John 1:9 (NIV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
2. A New Perspective
Colossians 3:23 (NIV) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,
3. A Challenging Purpose
Philippians 3:14, 15 (NIV) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
4. A Supportive Team
Hebrews 10:25 (NIV) Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
5. Plug into God’s Power
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.