Podcasts I Listened To This Week:
- The Christian Publishing Show with Thomas Umstattd, Jr,
- Episode 62 (February 25, 2020), EBook Publishing Tips, Tricks, and Traps with Mark Coker, founder of Smashwords. https://www.christianpublishingshow.com/062/
- The Creative Penn Podcast for Writers with Joanna Penn,
- Episode 392 (February 24, 2020), How To Find And Pitch A Literary Agent With Barbara Poelle. https://www.thecreativepenn.com/2020/02/24/how-to-find-and-pitch-a-literary-agent/
- Shipping and Handling Podcast with Jennifer Udden and Bridget Smith,
- Episode 69 (February 27, 2020), Nice :), Two literary agents talk books, fandom, writing, and beyond. Hosts: Bridget Smith of Dunham Literary Inc. & Jennifer Udden of Barry Goldblatt Literary. In this episode, Bridget and Jen do an all-questions-all-the-time deep dive into their Tumblr inbox. Among other things they discuss are sex in Young Adult fiction, the relative value of an MFA, and disclosure of advances. http://shippingandhandling.libsyn.com/episode-69-nice
- Writers, Ink with J.D. Barker and J. Thorn. It is a podcast about the business of writing.
- Episode 14, Becoming a Successful Author as a Stay-at-Home Mom with Mercedes Yardley. Mercedes Yardley knows how to become a successful author as a stay-at-home mom. With a husband working and a child requiring special needs, Yardley took up writing as an emotional outlet, and her thrilling style soon became recognized. She won the Bram Stoker Award in 2015 for her psychological horror novella, Little Dead Red, and wrote the Stabby Award-winning Apocalyptic Montessa and Nuclear Lulu: A Tale of Atomic Love. She is also a member of the Horror Writers Association and co-chair of the Las Vegas HWA Chapter. Mercedes currently lives in Las Vegas with her family and rescue animals. https://writersinkpodcast.com/becoming-a-successful-author-as-a-stay-at-home-mom-with-mercedes-yardley/
Audio Books I’m Listening To:
I came currently listening to “It” by Stephen King. I listened to the opening credits, dedication, Part 1: The Shadow Before, Chapter 1: After the Flood (1957), Chapter 2: After the Festival (1984) and am currently in Chapter 3: Six Phone Calls. Chapter 3 is 2 hours thirty-six minutes, and 27 seconds long.
Writing Completed By Me:
- I reviewed the book, “Gabe and His Hero” by A.J. Chilson. The review can be read at https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R318ML4TQ6YUKW/. The book can be purchased at https://www.amazon.com/Gabe-His-Hero-J-Chilson/dp/1705526756/.
- I wrote the article Quiet Time With God. It is available at https://jimmiekepler.com/2020/02/28/quiet-time-with-god/.
- I published the article Resting in the Lord. It is available at https://jimmiekepler.com/2020/02/27/resting/.
Books I Purchased This Week:
I bought and started reading two books this week. I am enjoying both. They are:
- Sinister Magic: An Urban Fantasy Dragon Series (Death Before Dragons Book 1) Kindle Edition by Lindsay Buroker. It is available at https://www.amazon.com/Sinister-Magic-Fantasy-Dragon-Dragons-ebook/dp/B084TVCCK2
- I Cry Unto You, O Lord: Poems of Lament Kindle Edition by Sarah Suzanne Noble. It is available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084YXFW34/.
What I am Working On:
- Editing a collection of my poems to be published later this year by Poetry and Prayer Press. It will be my second published book of poetry.
- I have a science fiction book that I’m still working on writing the first draft.
- I have two books that were published last fall for which I am working on a marketing plan. They came out at the same time I had cataract surgery and tested positive for A&B flu. There has been no marketing of the books or book launches as of yet.