Before publishing your book you need to build an audience. Gone are the days where the publisher will build your audience for you.
I can hear you thinking, why should I build an audience? You are also thinking, that sounds hard. I just want to write.
Two Reason Why You Need to Build an Audience.
- Connect with the reader. Did you know most book sales happen because the reader has developed a connection with the author? Yes, a connection between reader and author is important.
- You need an audience to sell your book to.
Who Is Your Audience?
- The audience is the people who listen to what you have to say.
- They have an interest in what you present.
Why Would They Listen to You?
- These are your “nation” or “tribe.”
- These are the people who listen to what you have to say.
- These are the people you’ve built trust with.
- These are the people who realize you are a subject matter expert or tell a great story in a genre in which they have interest.
Next time we will at several strategies to build an audience.
Photo Source: Pixaby