Conwell’s book (originally a lecture) includes several principles for living.
- He admonishes all to become more aware and sensitive of the opportunities that may be closer to you than you think.
- He points outs one should be careful about giving children a very large inheritance lest they fail to learn to work for their wealth.
- He includes the spiritual with a strong reminder to not separate your religion from your business.
- He hammers home the principle of know what people need, then invest yourself in meeting what is needed.
- He concludes by pointing out knowing what people need will give you more knowledge of obtaining a fortune than any amount of capital can give you.
The book is simple. It is full common sense.