2. Reflect before acting
A stupid person gives free reign to his anger; a wise person waits and lets it grow cool. Proverbs 29:11
When a fool is annoyed, he quickly lets it be known. Smart people will ignore an insult or a hurt. Proverbs 12:16
…when someone wrongs you, it is a great virtue to ignore it. Proverbs 19:11
People who stay calm have real insight. Proverbs 17:27
Remember – nothing can make you mad. You choose to be mad as you respond to situations.
3. Restrain your remarks
If you want to stay out of trouble, be careful what you say. Proverbs 21:23
A gentle answer quiets anger, but a harsh one stirs it up. Proverbs 15:1
4. Anger is contagious.
The fruit of the Spirit is … patience. Galatians 5:22
- Every minute you are angry you loose 60 seconds of happiness.
- A man’s wisdom gives him patience.
- When you are threatened, afraid, or your self-worth is attacked you get angry.
- Blowing your stack creates air and noise pollution as well as leaving a bad impression.
- Use sweet words. Eventually, you will have to eat them.