We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. — 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
Is life getting you down? Do you feel like you’re at the end of your rope? Here are seven Biblical principles on how to hang on when you feel like you’re at the end of your rope.
Principle One: I must not forget God loves me.
- Don’t lose heart! – Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. — 2 Corinthians 4:1 (NIV)
- I am what I am – But by the grace of God I am what I am, … — 1 Corinthians 15:10 (NIV)
- It’s not who we are. It’s whose we are! – Remember our performance does not give us our worth.
- God’s grace gives us the power to start over. – Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. — Romans 8:37
Principle Two: I must keep a clear conscience.
- Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. — 2 Corinthians 4:2 (NIV)
- We must have integrity.
- We must have character.
Principle Three: It is not about me.
- For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. — 2 Corinthians 4:5 (NIV)
- Your ego will only take you so far.
Principle Four: I cannot do it all.
- But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. — 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NIV)
- We must pace ourselves. Life is a journey, not a sprint.
Principle Five: Love, love, love.
- All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. — 2 Corinthians 4:15 (NIV)
Principle Six: Take time to refresh, renew, and revive.
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. — 2 Corinthians 4:16 (NIV)
Principle Seven: I must keep my eye on the goal.
- For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. — 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (NIV)
Remember — You cannot create if you do not face your troubles and hang on until you reach your goal.
One thought on “How to Hang On”
Great advice here, Jimmie! Hang on! God bless!