… where you can follow my journey as an Indie author. You will find tips and resources to help you as you write, publish and chase your dreams are a writer or poet.
Howdy, I’m Jimmie Aaron Kepler. I’m an author and poet, just like you. On Kepler’s Coffee house I share my own lessons from my writing journey.
Why do I call it Kepler’s Coffee House?
Each morning for the last decade I have been getting up before sunrise and driving to my favorite coffee house to write.
- I get there about 6 AM Monday through Friday.
- I order a tall blonde roast coffee, retire to the same table and write for an hour.
- I then pack up my laptop and head to my day job.
- I give my first hour of the day to my writing.
- This way I write before the worries and cares of the day distract me.
- On Saturday I follow the same routine except I usually write for three hours and then go for a morning walk.
Over the years I have written three novels, dozens of short stories, over fifty magazine articles, and hundreds of poems following this schedule.
I have also made many mistakes. I want to share my journey to encourage you.
- If I can do it you can do it.
- I also want to try and save you time, money and heartache by sharing the lessons I have learned during my journey.
I have been traditionally published as well as self-published over the years. I sold my first magazine article way back in 1981. It appeared in the September 1982 issue of a Life Christian Resources magazine. I was paid 2 1/2 cents a word for the 1500 article. I received a check for $37.50 for the nonfiction piece.