The Bible has much to say about God having the days of our lives numbered.
- Job 14:5 (KJV), “Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;”
- Job 21:21 (KJV), “For what does he care for his household after him, When the number of his months is cut off?
- Psalm 31:15 (KJV), “My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.”
- Psalm 139:16 (KJV), “Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.”
- Ecclesiastes 3:2 (KJV), “A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.”
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 39:4 (KJV), “Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.”
What the verse means:
The verse shares thoughts concerning the psalmist meditations on human life. He reflects on its brevity, its vanity, and its sorrows. He wonders why was life so short? Why was it so vain? Why was it so full of sorrow?
Praying using the verses:
- Father in heaven, remind us how brief our time on earth will be.
- Lord Jesus, remind us that my days are numbered
- God, help us remember how fleeting our life is.
- Lord, we find confidence in knowing you have our days numbered.
Photo Source: Pixaby