Part of learning to live with a chronic illness is listening until we hear God’s voice. When we face a constant disease too often, we rush in and try to accomplish everything in our own power. We manage this. We plan that. We listen to this aunt or to a trusted friend. We may hear conflicting recommendations from our healing team, that is the doctors, ministers, and caregivers.
While wise counsel is right, we need to seek God and listen to his voice. We do this through prayer, Bible reading, and listening to sermons.
Sometimes we are in such a rush to get to a solution or get things under control that we miss hearing from The Great Physician. We need to remember the word s of Psalm 46:10 (KJV), “Be still, and know that I am God:”
Sometimes we just need to sit and be still before we can hear God.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 143:8 (KJV) “Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.”
What the Verse Means:
As we face trials and hardships, we can find ourselves overwhelmed. When we become inundated by fear, grief, depression, and self-pity, it becomes hard to hear God.
Today’s verse reminds us to spend time with God, to begin our day with God. As Christians, we can trust God. We can ask him to both guide us and to lift us up. We need to stop, that is too slow down and take time for God. We need to at his Word, that is to read the Bible. We need to listen, that his to hear sermons, hymns, and listen to his still small voice answering our prayers.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Heavenly Father, draw me to you in the morning where I can hear your righteousness.
- Lord Jesus, I place my trust in you. Help me to always put all my faith in you.
- I ask your Holy Spirit to speak to my spirit and to guide me in the way I should walk.
- I pray you would lift my soul unto you.
- I pray for myself, my spouse, our children, and grandchildren to be drawn to you, to experience you and choose to attend worship services where we can hear your word preached.
Photo Source: Pixabay
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post