Learning to deal with a chronic illness includes accepting God’s benevolent activity and gracious will for the life of the Believer.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Numbers 6:24-26 (KJV), “The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
What the Verse Means:
Each line of verse, with God as subject, is increasingly longer (three, five, seven Hebrew words). God is the actor in all six clauses: bless, keep, make a face shine, be gracious, turn his face toward you, and give peace.
The six verbs together cover God’s free activity from various angles and state God’s gracious will for the life of the people.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Thank you, Lord, for your blessings that are poured out on my family and me.
- Thank you, Lord, for keeping me. I thank you for the safety you provide in sheltering me from evil and illness.
- Thank you, Lord, for smiling on me. I appreciate your kind nature for my family and me.
- Thank you, Lord, for your being graciousness toward me.
- Thank Lord for turning your face toward me and the way it signifies your gracious movement toward me and my life.
- Thank you, Lord, for the peace you have given my family and me as we face the chronic illness.
Photo Source: Pixabay
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post.