Part of learning to deal with a chronic illness is learning to live God’s way. Part of learning to live is learning to let go and trust in God.
Today’s Bible Verse
Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV), “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
What the Verse Means
The verses remind us we are to entirely rely upon God’s wisdom, power, goodness, and upon his providence and promises, for direction and help in all our life routine matters as well as dangers and big decisions.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Heavenly Father, teach me how to give up my expectations of life as I once knew them.
- Show me how to let go of the old “normal.”
- Lord, show me how to trust God with my future.
- Help me learn to live, to “Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
- Help me accept the new “normal.”
Photo Source: Pixabay
Today’s blog post is from the book “Thy Will Be Done: 60 Prayers for the Chronically Ill” by Jimmie Aaron Kepler. It is available in print and on Kindle for Amazon at Amazon Print or Amazon Kindle.
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post.