Learning to deal with a chronic illness includes realizing that the ultimate source of help comes from the Lord God. It doesn’t matter where we look for assistance. We can seek medicines, physicians, counselors, pastors, and friends for support. Each plays a significant role as part of the healing team. The Lord is the ultimate source of help.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV), “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.”
What the Verse Means:
The verse teaches we are to stay ourselves upon God as a God of power and a God all-sufficient for us. King David, the writer of the Psalm, found the benefit of God’s help.
For us, it is an order to trust in our God. This is to be a complete trust in all things always. It bids us “stay” ourselves upon our God.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- I pray that I would rely on the power of God as I continue this long fight against my chronic disease.
- I pray that I would look above the hills for my help in this battle.
- I pray that I would look to the Lord God of heaven.
- I pray that I would see all my help laid up in God, in his power and goodness, his providence and grace. While the healing team includes the oncologist, cardiologist, neurologist, dermatologist, the gastroenterologist, pharmacists and doctors, nurses, lab techs, as well as prescription medications, it is ultimately from the Lord we must expect our help to come.
- I pray for comfort my family – children, spouse, siblings as they watch me battle the disease. Calm their fears. Give them boldness and courage to walk with me and comfort me through the valley and the entire journey.
Photo Source: Pixabay
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format.