Ideas For Visiting Sedona, Arizona
We know Sedona, Arizona, for its stunning natural beauty, vibrant arts scene, spiritual energy, and UAPs. There are many ways to experience these aspects of the area, whether through outdoor adventures, cultural events, spiritual practices, and even UAP/UFO tours. Here are a few ideas for a trip to Sedona:
Red Rock Canyons
Take a scenic drive through the red rock canyons and visit some of the famous landmarks, such as Cathedral Rock and Bell Rock. Both are in the Sedona area within the Coconino National Forest.
- Cathedral Rock is a massive rock formation known for its steep cliffs and distinctive shape. The rock gets its name from the way it towers over the surrounding landscape, resembling a cathedral.
- Bell Rock is another popular rock formation. Known for its distinctive bell-shaped cliffs, the rock gets its name from its shape, and is a popular destination for hikers, photographers, and tourists.
Both are popular destination for hikers, who can access the rock via several trails that wind their way through the surrounding area.
Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) or Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) Tours
That’s right, UAPs.
You might be thinking, just what is an UAP? It’s what we used to call a UFO. That’s right, a UFO as in an unidentified flying object or flying saucer.
Thanks to a rebranding campaign, an UFO is now an UAP, unidentified aerial phenomenon. US officials recently renamed the old-fashioned unidentified flying object as a UAP. The current definition is a UAP is any perceived aerial phenomenon that cannot be identified or explained.
There are several companies in Sedona, Arizona that offer tours focused on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) or unidentified flying objects (UFOs). Some of these tours may include visits to sites that are believed to be hotspots for UFO activity or may involve guided discussions about UFO sightings and encounters. Here are a few options to consider:
- Sedona UFO Tour: This company offers a variety of UFO-themed tours, including a “UFO Hot Spot” tour that takes visitors to locations around Sedona that are rumored to be UFO hotspots, and a “UFO Sighting and Encounter” tour that features stories and discussions about UFO sightings and encounters.
- Sedona Spirit Tours: This company offers a “UFO and Vortex Tour” that includes visits to vortex sites and discussions about UFO sightings and encounters in the Sedona area.
- Sedona Stargazing: This company offers a “UFO and Vortex Adventure” tour that includes visits to vortex sites and discussions about UFO sightings and encounters, as well as stargazing opportunities.
To find more tour options and to book a tour, search online or visit the websites of local tourism organizations, such as the Sedona Chamber of Commerce or the Sedona Tourism Bureau.
You may also find information about UFO-themed tours by contacting local tour companies or by asking for recommendations from people you know who have visited Sedona.
Airport Mesa or the Fay Canyon Trail
If you need more stunning red rock formations and breathtaking views, consider the Airport Mesa and Fay Canyon Trail
- The Airport Mesa is a mesa on the east side of Sedona. It offers panoramic views of the surrounding red rocks and the Verde Valley. Viewing the Verde Valley flooded me with childhood memories. I lived in Arizona for six years growing up. The Verde Valley was a frequent vacation and weekend get away destination for my family.
- Spectacular Sunset viewing: The mesa is accessible via a short hike from the Airport Mesa Trailhead. It is a popular spot offering awesome sunset viewing.
- Fay Canyon is a moderate to strenuous hike in the Coconino National Forest, just outside of Sedona. The trail takes you through a beautiful canyon filled with towering red rock cliffs and narrow corridors. Along the way, you’ll encounter a small waterfall and a variety of plant life, including juniper trees and wildflowers. The trail ends at a viewpoint overlooking a picturesque meadow, providing a rewarding end to the hike.
Both the Airport Mesa and Fay Canyon Trail are excellent choices for nature lovers and hikers looking to experience the beauty of Sedona’s red rock landscape.
Sedona Heritage Museum
If you’re interested in history, visit the Sedona Heritage Museum. You will learn the history of Sedona and the Verde Valley. Part of the educational experience and programs includes the museum’s collection of artifacts and historical objects.
- Sedona Heritage Museum features exhibits that highlight the history and culture of the Sedona and Verde Valley region, including its indigenous peoples, early settlers, and its development as a tourism destination.
- The museum has artifacts and historical objects collections that tell the story of the region’s history, including Native American pottery, pioneer tools and household items, and items related to the tourism industry.
- The Sedona Heritage Museum is housed in the former Sedona Grammar School, which was built in 1922 and is a historic building in its own right. The museum offers tours of the building and its exhibits, as well as the opportunity to explore the surrounding grounds.
- The Sedona Heritage Museum offers a variety of educational programs and events for visitors, including lectures, workshops, and special exhibits. These provide opportunities for visitors to learn more about the history and culture of the region in an engaging and interactive way.
The Sedona Heritage Museum plays an important role in preserving the history and culture of the Sedona and Verde Valley region, and serves as a valuable resource for the local community and visitors alike. It is a key part of the community’s efforts to preserve and promote its rich history and culture.
Hot Air Balloon or Helicopter Ride
Take a hot-air balloon ride or a helicopter tour for a unique and beautiful view of the red rock landscape. There are benefits of seeing the area from the air instead of your car.
- Unique perspective: Both hot-air balloon rides and helicopter tours offer a unique perspective of the landscape that you can’t get from a car. From high in the air, you’ll be able to see the red rock formations of Sedona in a way that is not possible from the ground.
- Scenic views: Both hot-air balloon rides and helicopter tours offer breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. You’ll be able to see the red rock formations of Sedona from a new angle and take in the area’s beauty in a way that is not possible from a car.
- Relaxation: Hot-air balloon rides and helicopter tours are a more relaxed way to see the sights. There’s no need to worry about traffic or navigating unfamiliar roads, so you can sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Excitement: Both hot-air balloon rides and helicopter tours offer an element of excitement that you won’t find on a car tour. Soaring through the air is exhilarating and is sure to be a memorable experience.
Overall, hot-air balloon rides and helicopter tours offer a unique and exciting way to see the sights in Sedona, and offer a level of relaxation and scenic views that you won’t find on a car tour.
Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village
Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village is a shopping center in Sedona, Arizona that is known for its collection of art galleries, studios, and boutique shops.
- The center resembles a traditional Mexican village, with cobblestone streets, fountains, and colored buildings.
- It is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, who come to browse the wide variety of handcrafted items on offer, including jewelry, ceramics, glassware, and textiles.
- The village also features several restaurants and cafes, as well as live music and other entertainment.
Visit the Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village and browse the galleries, studios, and shop for a unique experience.
Sedona, Arizona, is a popular destination for spa treatments and wellness retreats. There are many options for spa treatments in Sedona, including:
- Massages: Many spas in Sedona offer a variety of massage techniques, such as Swedish massage, hot stone massage, and deep tissue massage.
- Facials: Facial treatments can include exfoliating, moisturizing, and other techniques to help rejuvenate and refresh the skin.
- Body wraps and scrubs: These treatments involve exfoliating the skin with a scrub or wrapping the body in a cocoon of mud, clay, or other ingredients to nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Manicures and pedicures: These treatments involve grooming and polishing the nails and cuticles, as well as massaging the hands and feet.
- Salon services: Many spas in Sedona also offer hair styling, coloring, and other salon services.
It’s a good idea to research and compare different spas in Sedona to find the one that best meets your needs and preferences. You may also want to consider booking a package or wellness retreat that includes multiple spa treatments and activities.
Local Wineries or Brewery
You might go wine tasting at one of the local wineries or visit a brewery to sample some of the local craft beer. Sedona is home to several wineries and breweries that offer visitors the opportunity to sample some of the local craft beer and wine.
- Wineries: Visiting local wineries can be a great way to learn about the local wine-making industry and taste some of the unique flavors that are produced in the region. Many wineries offer tastings and tours, which can be a fun and educational experience for visitors.
- Breweries: Breweries are also a popular attraction in Sedona, and offer visitors the opportunity to try a variety of craft beers that are made with local ingredients. Many breweries also offer tours and tastings, which can be a great way to learn about the brewing process and taste some of the local beer.
Overall, visiting local wineries and breweries can be an enjoyable way to experience the local culture and taste some of the unique flavors produced in the region.
Sedona Performing Arts Center
The Sedona Performing Arts Center is a state-of-the-art performing arts facility that hosts a variety of live performances and events, including concerts, theater productions, dance performances, and more.
Some things to see and do at the Sedona Performing Arts Center might include:
- Live Performance or event: The performing arts center hosts a range of performances and events, including concerts, theater productions, dance performances, and more. You can check the center’s website or social media pages to see what’s coming up and purchase tickets to attend.
- Taking a tour: The Sedona Performing Arts Center offers guided tours of the facility, which gives you the opportunity to learn more about the history and features of the venue.
- Taking part in a workshop or class: The center may offer workshops or classes in various performing arts disciplines, such as acting, dance, or music.
You can check the center’s website or contact them to see if there are any opportunities to take part in these activities.
Sedona Art Center
The Sedona Art Center is a non-profit organization in Sedona, Arizona that offers a variety of art-related programs and events for the community. Some activities that you may participate in at the Sedona Art Center include:
- Art classes and workshops: The Sedona Art Center offers a variety of art classes and workshops for people of all skill levels, including drawing, painting, sculpture, and more. These classes are taught by local artists and help you develop your skills and explore new techniques.
- Exhibitions: The Sedona Art Center hosts exhibitions of work by local artists throughout the year. These exhibitions showcase a wide range of media and styles, and provide an opportunity to see the work of talented artists in the community.
- Artist talks and lectures: The Sedona Art Center often hosts artist talks and lectures, which provide an opportunity to learn more about the work and techniques of local artists. These events may include demonstrations, discussions, and Q&A sessions.
- Special events: The Sedona Art Center may also host special events throughout the year, such as open studios, art fairs, and holiday markets. These events provide an opportunity to meet local artists, see their work, and purchase art.
The Sedona Art Center is a great place to learn about and appreciate art, and to take part in a variety of art-related activities.
Photo Source: All photos were taken by the author unless noted in the photo caption.
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate. If you purchase using the links in the article I receive a small commission.
One thought on “Ideas For Visiting Sedona, Arizona”
My family visited Sedona about 15 years ago, but we didn’t have the opportunity to see all you describe. Makes me want to go back! Thank you for reminding me of the beauty of Sedona and the good memories my family had.