Fear of Travel
Maybe, like me, fear kept you from traveling outside the United States. Yes, unfounded anxiety stood between me and a wonderful time abroad. Mental roadblocks included not knowing the language and being unsure of what to expect.
My experienced international traveling companion helped me overcome these fears, as did a few YouTube videos. The videos showed the experience of getting on the airplane to navigating customs. Most helpful videos were showing a guest exiting their taxi at the resort. It included a tour of the facilities from the entryway, check-in, to riding to the room, dining, entertainment, and of course, the swimming pools and the beach.
Island of Cozumel in Mexico
I flew to the island of Cozumel in Mexico and stayed at The Occidental Resort Cozumel. It’s an amazing five-star hotel, a unique destination. Masquerading as a Mexican hacienda, it offers amazing immunities, a private beach, and the possibility of enjoying the treasures of the Palancar Reef.
The Occidental Cozumel is an all-inclusive resort that is integrated in its natural surroundings of mangroves, white sand beaches and tropical gardens. It offers an unparalleled experience. I opted to stay on the property during my stay. Part of staying on the property was to develop my travel legs and have better control over my experience.
Here are five reasons to stay on property during a visit to an all-inclusive resort like the Occidental Resort.
5 Reasons to Stay on Property at a Resort in Cozumel
Reason One: Convenience:
- Staying on property at the Occidental Resort in Cozumel means you have easy access to all the amenities and activities offered by the resort, without having to worry about transportation or logistics. It limits your travel to going to and from the Cozumel International Airport.
- The airport handles national and international air traffic for the city of San Miguel, Cozumel, the island, and handles hundreds of thousands of tourists on a year-round basis. I purchased transportation to and from the airport as part of my travel package. Someone met me at the airport and got me to the resort without issue.
Reason Two: Variety of activities:
- The Occidental Resort in Cozumel offered a wide range of activities and entertainment options, from swimming and snorkeling to spa treatments and fitness classes.
- Staying on property allows you to take advantage of these activities without having to plan and coordinate transportation to and from off-site locations. In the evenings, there was a variety of on-site entertainment to fill the evening.
Reason Three: Access to dining options:
- My resort had a variety of dining options on-site, including restaurants, bars, and cafes. I purchased the fine-dining package, which allowed me to have several evenings at speciality dining venues on property.
- Staying on property means that you can enjoy these dining options without having to go off site to find a place to eat.
Reason Four: High-quality accommodations:
- The Occidental Resort in Cozumel has high-quality accommodations, and staying on property allows you to experience the luxury and comfort of the resort’s rooms and facilities.
- Occidental Cozumel also offers an even more luxurious and sophisticated experience: the Royal Level at Occidental Cozumel.
Reason Five: Personalized service:
- Staying on property at a resort in Cozumel means you have access to personalized service from the resort’s staff, who can help you with questions you may have during your stay. This can make your trip more enjoyable and stress-free.
- The concierge and staff are there to make your stay special. Enough staff spoke English where my lack of Spanish was not an issue.
I had a great time during my stay. Staying on property is a comfortable option for the experienced traveler. My visit let a smile on my face as seen in the below selfie of me on the beach at the Occidental Resort in Cozumel.