Sometimes the daily struggles of living with a chronic illness overwhelm us. At these times we need a place of retreat, a place of refuge. The Believer in Jesus Christ has such a place. It is to come before God. We can do this by reading the Bible, praying, and being still as we wait and listen for God’s still small voice.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 61: 3 (KJV), “For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
What the verse means:
Today’s verse reminds us of God’s faithfulness to David in times past, how He has delivered us. As a Christian, we too can remember God’s faithfulness in our life. We know the comfort we have felt from his presence and how we have found safety in His word and presence. We also know because of faithfulness past and His unchanging nature, He will not leave us now. He is a strong tower of protection for us from the enemies we face.
Praying using the verses:
- Father in Heaven as we reflect on your Word we remember Your faithfulness to us in times past.
- Lord Jesus, we thank You for Your protection and provision in the past.
- God of the Heavens and the Earth, we know You are eternal and that Your nature is unchangeable. It is because of this we ask You deliver Miss Benita from the Melanoma and Neuroendocrine Carcinoid.
- We ask this Lord because we have seen in our own lives and know that only You have the power to deliver her.
- We ask this also because our experience is and has been that You are here ministering to use in our time of need.
- Since Your do not sleep, slumber, or change who You are, we know You will not leave Miss Benita alone as she daily faces the cancers
Photo Source: Pixaby