Have you ever been overwhelmed by your thoughts of how you will be able to handle or manage your loved one’s or your chronic illness? Have the “what ifs” overtook you? Are the majority of your thoughts confused and even torturing you with the cares and fears about the future?
Today we will see how God’s comfort delights our soul. His promises, contained in His word (the Bible), and the memory of our past experiences of His care and kindness to us, afford us comfort. They can restore our discouraged mind.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 94:19 (KJV), “In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.”
What the verse means:
When we find myself worried because of considering various possible outcomes and scenarios, listen to ungodly counsel from well-meaning friends, or just drown in self-pity, we need to return to the Lord for true rest and comfort. God’s comfort satisfies my soul. Focusing and meditating on His Word and teachings comfort me and actually delight me. True comfort only comes from God’s Holy Spirit!
Praying using the verses:
- Heavenly Father, we confess too often our thoughts we are filled with various and confusing ideas. Protect us from the negative thinkers and their negative counsel.
- Lord Jesus, we confess at times we are tortured with cares and fears about our future due to our loved one’s chronic illness.
- God Almighty, we praise you because your comfort delights our soul.
- Your promises we have heard taught in Sunday School as well as heard preached in church, and have read in the Bible. They comfort us.
- Lord, the memory of our past experiences of your care and kindness to us, afford us such comfort as they restore our discouraged mind.
Photo Source: Pixaby