Part of learning to live with a chronic illness understands God is there for us as our strength and a place of shelter. Sometimes the daily struggles of living with a chronic disease overwhelm us.
At these times, we need a place of retreat, a place of refuge. The Believer in Jesus Christ has such a situation. It is to come before God. We can do this by reading the Bible, praying, and being still as we wait and listen for God’s still, small voice.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 61: 3 (KJV), “For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
What the Verse Means:
Today’s verse reminds us of God’s faithfulness to King David in times past, how God has delivered us. As a Christian, we too can remember God’s faithfulness in our life.
We know the comfort we have felt from his presence and how we have found safety in His word and presence. We also know because of God’s faithfulness to us in the past and His unchanging nature.
He will not leave us now. He is a high tower of protection for us from the enemies we face.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Father in Heaven as I reflect on your Word I remember your faithfulness to me in times past.
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for your protection and provision in the past.
- God of the Heavens and the Earth, I know you are eternal and that your nature is unchangeable. It is because of this I ask you to deliver me from the illness that is consuming my life.
- I ask for this deliverance Lord because I have seen your work in my own life and know that only you have the power to deliver me from this malady.
- I ask this also because my experience is and has been that you are here ministering to me in my time of need.
- Since you do not sleep, slumber, or change who you are, I know you will not leave me alone as I daily face the illness.
Photo Source: Pixabay
Today’s blog post is from the book “Thy Will Be Done: 60 Prayers for the Chronically Ill” by Jimmie Aaron Kepler. It is available in print and on Kindle for Amazon at Amazon Print or Amazon Kindle.
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post
One thought on “Shelter and Tower”
A favorite verse.
We all need the strong tower.