Part of learning to live with a chronic illness understands God’s comfort is available for you.
Have you ever been overwhelmed by your thoughts of how you will be able to handle or manage your chronic illness? Have the “what ifs” overtook you? Are any of your thoughts confused and even torturing you with the cares and fears about the future?
Today we will see how God’s comfort delights our soul. His promises, contained in His word (the Bible), and the memory of our past experiences of His care and kindness to us, afford us comfort. They can restore our discouraged mind.
Today’s Bible Verse:
Psalm 94:19 (KJV), “In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.”
What the Verse Means:
When we are worried because of considering various possible outcomes and scenarios, listening to ungodly counsel from well-meaning friends, or just drowning in self-pity, we need to return to the Lord for real rest and comfort.
God’s comfort satisfies my soul. Focusing and meditating on His Word and teachings comfort me and delight me. True satisfaction only comes from God’s Holy Spirit!
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Heavenly Father, I confess too often my thoughts are filled with various and confusing ideas. Protect me from the negative thinkers and their contrary
- Lord Jesus, I confess at times I am tortured with cares and fears about my future due to my chronic illness.
- God Almighty, I praise you because your comfort delights my soul.
- I have heard your promises taught in Sunday School as well as heard them preached in church, and have read in the Bible. They comfort me.
- Lord, the memory of my experiences of your care and kindness to me, affords me such comfort as they restore my at times discouraged mind.
Photo Source: Pixabay
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post